Spanish Central: Translation of lexicography. Nglish: Translation of lexicography for Spanish Speakers.
Dictionary of Lexicography - R. R. K. Hartmann, Gregory James - Google книги
What made you want to look up lexicography? Please tell us where you read or heard it including the quote, if possible.
Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! It's now in the dictionary. You all would not have guessed some of these. Some imitative words are more surprising than others.
How to use a word that literally drives some people nuts. The awkward case of 'his or her'. Which of these things doesn't belong? This article includes a list of references , but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations. September Learn how and when to remove this template message.
- Stocks for the Long Run: The Definitive Guide to Financial Market Returns & Long Term Investment Strategies (4th Edition).
- Account Options.
- The Big Book of Weekend Woodworking: 150 Easy Projects (Big Book of ... Series)!
- Supplementary Volume Dictionaries. An International Encyclopedia of Lexicography?
Outline History Index. Grammatical theories.
Retrieved Dictionary Glossary Lexicon Phrase book Thesaurus. List of lexicographers List of online dictionaries. Linguistics portal.
- The Element Encyclopedia of Native Americans: An A to Z of Tribes, Culture, and History.
- Casing a promised land: the autobiography of an organizational detective as cultural ethnographer.
- I. Dictionaries in modern society: Current status and perspectives;
- Cycling of Mineral Nutrients in Agricultural Ecosystems.
- Competition with Identity Driven Entry: A Principal Multi-Agent Model on the Success of Mergers and Acquisitions.
Categories : Lexicography Lexicology Applied linguistics. Hidden categories: Articles lacking in-text citations from September All articles lacking in-text citations All articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from September Wikipedia articles with GND identifiers Wikipedia articles with NKC identifiers.
Sign up, it's free!
Namespaces Article Talk. The amount of English words had nearly doubled by the beginning of the seventeenth century.
It is quite probable that the number of words was about , Until then no one had come up with the idea of collecting all of them in one opus. It was the first monolingual English dictionary and it started the wave of dictionaries yet to come.